This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to remember password after changing it?
11-09-2012, 04:45 PM
How to remember password after changing it?
i want to change my facebook password becuase i feel like someone is getting into my account (friend, perhaps boyfriend as well) and im uncomfortable with it...
The password i have was the best one for me, and its my password for mostly everything...I dont want to change it but i have to...How can i remember it ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:53 PM

you can write it down... but thats risky. or you can just write down a hint. for example if your password is cat12. your hint= i eat a furball each month

Ads

Make it something that is easy for you to remember, but hard for others to guess... don't pick a password you won't remember, that's just useless.

They sell something called pen and paper.....get them!

Write it down and put it somewhere safe. Make it memorable. The more often you use Facebook the more times you will retype your password and mentally your brain will study that and keep it locked in your brain for a very long time.

a simple way to do this is pick a password you can easily remember. then do a simple key shift. what i mean by this is when you go to type your password just shift one key over in any direction you decide. this will make a password that no one knows and should be fairly simple for you to remember. this is a technic i was taught in my network securities class. its simple but effective. for example if i type (password) but shift one key down on each letter its (;zxxslfc)

use a password that you will remember such as your car reg, mobile phone make and model, birthday ect

One way is to use a program like password safe, which allows you to store your passwords for accounts/sites in an encrypted file. You still need to remember a password for the program however.

What I do is think of a TV show or a movie, and a favorite character.

For instance: Star Trek, Captain Kirk.

StarTrekCaptainKirk is too long, and besides if someone knows I like Star Trek, it's easily guessable.

So how about shortening StarTrek to just ST, and shorten Captain Kirk to just Capt. Kirk: STCapt.Kirk - will work but I can still do better, and most passwords require a number as well. "4" sort of looks like an "A" doesn't it? So now I have: STC4pt.Kirk

That should do it. Note I could come up with other ways of writing this with the same memory device of "Star Trek Captain Kirk."

Don';t use a password, use a passphrase. a Phrase is much easier to remember and harder to hack. People trying to hack passwords often use tools that use Brute Force to Crack a Password and they use a Dictionary of words to do the hacking/cracking. I like using a phrase like "DeadRockStarzEatDirt" and it is silly enough to remember

Pick something that means allot to you from when you were younger and that know one else knows like etc the name of your first pet.Your Moms maiden name stuff like that.