This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What happens if you have a facebook and you eventually die, what happens to my facebook page?
11-09-2012, 04:47 PM
What happens if you have a facebook and you eventually die, what happens to my facebook page?
If you are dead and had a Facebook what happens to it? does it erase itself permanently or what simply happens?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:55 PM

Your friends/ family can report your death to Facebook & Facebook will transform your page into a sort of obituary & will only be visible to your friends.

Ads

I'd say a family member or friend would notify Facebook and have it deleted.

They put a skeleton picture as your profile shot.

Best & the only way to become a vampire & Immortal !

Id say if you're dead your facebook wouldn't be much help to you so it wouldn't matter. I dont think you die and then on the other side you're like "OH NO whos going to watch my facebook now!"

how would facebook know that you died?

your family has to present a death certificate to facebook to have the profile removed, but most people will not do that - they will keep the profile as a "memorial"

I highly doubt anyone would do anything about it.... because I mean.... it's just a Facebook page... If they wanted to make a Appreciation page or something like that about you then they could just create a private group and do so like that.

The only other way is to prove to facebook that you had died and allow someone in the family to have his log in info and create a group in his name... or something like that.

Anyway, the point is, I highly doubt anyone would care much someone's facebook account.... well... perhaps they could just keep it so people could comment in the comment section.