This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I tell my little Sister I ran over her cat?!?
11-09-2012, 04:48 PM
How do I tell my little Sister I ran over her cat?!?
You see this in movies, but 30 minutes ago, I was backing out of my driveway and I smooshed my little sister Amy's four week old kitten. It was completely flat. How do I tell her this when she comes home from daycare? I am seriously in tears right now!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:56 PM

Explain to her what happened. Tell her it was an accident and offer her a new cat. I know it's awful but it's about all you can do. Good Luck.

Ads

Ask her if you could talk to her for a second and sit her down and be very nice about it and tell her straight out and apologise and maybe offer to buy her another kitten from a pet store or maybe even something else that may redeem yourself in her eyes, expect her to be angry at you (it's only fair, you ran over her cat after all: she will forgive you though)

four week old kittens wouldnt be outside

try again

no, she's too little.. just tell her the kitten run away with another one, or that it escaped to live somewhere else where to be free.. don't say it's dead, poor little sister.. just say the cat is more happy now than it was..
don't offer her right now a new one, it's awful.. make her find a new one in a while..

either you tell her your sorry and tell her the truth or you better get back in the car and go buy her a kitten thats nice and looks the same !

Awww omg that's awful Sad I'm sure you feel horrible. But it was an accident!!! How old is she? If she's pretty young don't tell her what happened just tell her (if you guys believe in God) that God said her kitten had to go be with Him now. And the kitten is now in heaven. If you all don't really talk or believe in God then just tell her that the kitten is asleep for a long time and that you have to get a new kitten. So sorry this happen!

The pain of losing her kitten is real. How you tell her the difficult news and try to comfort her will mean a great deal regarding how she views this experience. Expect her to be sad and possibly angry with you. She may not understand how you could have done this. Don't take it personally it's just part of her grief and trying to understand the loss of her kitten. Please take care and remember that you can call the Boys Town National Hotline 24 hours a day at the number below, free of charge. We are here to help, you are not alone!

Counselor, GW

Boys Town National Hotline
http://www.YourLifeYourVoice.org
1-800-448-3000
Friend us on FACEBOOK today &
Access the live on-line support feature on http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org 8-11p CST M-Th

Tell her you didn't mean it but, I think, no matter HOW you tell her she's still going to cry and miss her kitten. Why was the kitten outside? (Don't have to answer that.)
But yeah, just tell her you didn't mean it and promise to make it up to her by doing something nice or by giving her something she likes.

Just slide it under her door and try to make her believe that her imaginary 4-week old kitten was outside.

As if!