This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I stop being jealous of his ex-girlfriend?
11-09-2012, 04:49 PM
How can I stop being jealous of his ex-girlfriend?
Now this may seem like unreasonable jealously, and it probably is. He claims to hate her, and he never talks about her. But there are still pictures of her with him on Facebook that he hasn't taken down. Is this a horrible reason to be extremely jealous...? I know I'm insecure and I'd like to stop. Any good ways how?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:58 PM

Well don't moan at him to take it down. He might accuse you of overreacting and the stubborness will do the rest. I guess the subtle way is to take more pictures of you and him and have him upload it on his facebook, so that you won't look at his ex everytime you go on his fb and slowly you'll get used to it.

Ads

Realize he is with you and not her. If he does not like her any more maybe he can just crop the picture on facebook so that its only of him. There really is no reason for him to keep it posted.

YES U HAVE NO REASON TO BE JEALOUSLY BUT U HAVE EVERY REASON TO BE MAD BECAUSE WHEN U USELY GET OUT A RELATIONSHIP U REMOVE THINGS ABOUT UR X THAT U REMEMBER SO U WONT THINK BOUT THEM

I would be jealous, too.
As a girlfriend, though, there's not much you can do... confronting him would probably only make him defensive and he might even say that after all you are not his wife.

There are other ways to make him aware of the situation without seeming like you are too jealous. For example you could frame a picture with you and your cousin (if you happen to have one) and put it where he can see it. Don't explain who's the guy with you on the picture, instead wait until he asks. Assuming that he felt at least a little concerned (don't use the word jealous), this would be the right time to address your concerns, too. He will understand how you feel, because you just made him experience the same. Be creative and use my example to coax him into empathizing with you. Instead of framing a picture, post a picture with you and a guy, too... preferably one with a relative he never met, yet, that way he will feel a bit stupid for feeling "concerned", but it will make him think that if he felt jealous (make sure he utters this word first) about you being on a picture with a relative, then you must feel awfully jealous about the picture with him and his ex on Facebook. You might have to remind him about that picture with him and his ex, though, because some guys just don't connect things in their mind the way we women do. It's very important that you don't miss that crucial moment>... the moment between him realizing that he was jealous for no reason and you making him aware of what you don't feel happy about either. Some guys are really good at changing topics. You have to outsmart him, so you don't seem insecure, okay? Good luck.