This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I help save plants and animals from the oil spill?
11-09-2012, 04:52 PM
How can I help save plants and animals from the oil spill?
I live in New England and I feel like theirs absoulutely nothing i can do. Im not old enough to drive or get a plane ticket. Is there even anything i COULD do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:01 PM

Why do you care? You live in New England. You should be caring about that volcano.

Ads

This isn't the first time oil has been spilt in the Gulf. If you really cared, you wouldn't wait for a disaster like this to bring such concerns to your attention and focus on reducing your reliance on fossil fuels. How much of your clothes have polyester or nylon in them? How many of your things are made with plastic? How many chemicals are in the food that you eat? Is the food that you eat grown locally or is it flown and or trucked in? How do you get to school? Do you purchase products with recycled content or do you pay a recycling service to send out a separate truck to pick up your recyclables on the curb?

Think of this oil spill as an eye opener and start looking for how simple changes in your life can reduce the odds of something like this happening. Yes, this spill is bad but not nearly as bad as the damage we are doing to the Earth every day we assume that everything is just fine.

If people used less oil it would be a help in Nigeria,
where American and British petrol spills on the earth.

Speak out! Postings on the internet, fliers, and telling friends and relatives through email is a great way to help.

Volunteer! Or if you are not old enough to volunteer tell friends or relatives to volunteer!

Donate! You can help wildlife threatened by the oil spill by donating online, making a leadership gift or donating by a cell phone.

Share! Download badges for your website and follow NWF on Twitter or Facebook!

Hope this helps.