This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do I remove myself from facebook and remove all facebook programs?
11-09-2012, 04:54 PM
how do I remove myself from facebook and remove all facebook programs?
Facebook is taking up too much of my time- I do not want to poked, asked to be someone's friend, or continue receiving requests to donate to someone's favorite cause. Please help me escape from Facebook hell.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:02 PM

go to account settings and go to where it says deactive account and follow the directions

Ads

in the tool bar on the top go to account, account settings, all the way down to deactivate account, and click deactivate and go from there. *you'll probably want to hit opt out email or something like that*
also, if its just the emails that are bothering you, you can turn them off by going to account settings, notifications and un-checking the boxes.

I recently had this same thing happen... there is a wiki answers entry for it, don't have the URL off hand.

but I did what it instructed and deleted all friends, deleted all photos, deleted all videos. I even deleted all my link posts. Then I changed my name to something unrecognizable. I then deleted the account.

A few weeks later I logged back in to check someone's photo and I noticed that ALL my staus posts were gone-- which I was happy about because I hate to think of them hanging out there forever.

It's good to delete everyone/thing because then you're not tempted to go back.

Be prepared for backlash, people get REALLY pissed off. And it's just a stupid game, pretty soon you'll find that almost none of those people bother to reach out to you w/out FB.

First you should remove the programs and then yourself, in that order.

This guide will show you how to remove applications on Facebook:

http://romcartridge.blogspot.com/2010/01...tions.html

And this guide will show you how to delete your account on Facebook:

http://romcartridge.blogspot.com/2010/04...count.html

Good luck!