This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are some safe social networking sites that can be used as an alternative to myspace and facebook?
11-09-2012, 04:57 PM
What are some safe social networking sites that can be used as an alternative to myspace and facebook?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:06 PM

I didn't realize that MySpace and Facebook were dangerous...

Well, I mean, there's the inherent danger that comes from being in a heavily trafficked place on the internet containing personal information (stalkers, predators, etc). But those people are going to congregate on any popular social networking site. And social networking sites are entirely a function of their popularity. A well-made social networking site that's not popular isn't going to be any good. And even a poorly made, but highly trafficked social networking site is going to be "good" (look at Twitter and MySpace!).

As long as you don't give out too much personal information and you make good use of the privacy settings, Facebook and MySpace are perfectly safe. Any other site isn't going to have all your friends on it, so it kind of defeats the purpose, don't you think?

Ads

11-09-2012, 05:06 PM

well. if im honest, facebook and myspace are probably going to be as safe as you get.. maybe twitter aswel (i don't have a twitter account so i can't really judge that though). you just have to make the most of the settings, set everything to private and only accept friend requests off people you know. On facebook you can make your profile completely hidden, like it doesn't even exist. and the only way people can see it, is if you add them.

If you think about it though, if there was a super safe no virus's social networking site, everyone would use it becuase it'd be so safe, then the amount of people using it would make it just the same as facebook/myspace.

trust facebook/myspace, everyone else does. Smile