This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would it be weird if I told people to call me by another name?
11-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Would it be weird if I told people to call me by another name?
Like say, "My name is X but I prefer Z". I don't like my name because it's meaning brings back memories I don't like - it means "Father's pride" but we DO NOT get along. I want to change my name officially later but can't right now.
Yeah I'm not old enough to change it now. And the name I'm aiming for would be Gray.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:07 PM

No if they accept you, it will be fine. go for it!

Ads

Unless you're an adult you can't. Find a nickname answer to that something that reflects who you believe yourself to be or want to be um stear clear of killer or some drug like nickname or womanizer moniker or one that's just plain ignorant.

You don't have to be an adult to ask anyone to call you by any other name. When I was growing up, my childhood name was as such, later I asked to be called by my middle name and I started signing my name using my middle name.

When I introduced myself to new people, I used the name I like to be called. At every opportunity, when someone asked my name, I'd give them my "new" name.

In my experience, using another name was only "weird" for people who did not respect my feelings. I found that there are quite a few of those!

I also want to change my name [legally] and completely so that it does not bear any resemblance to my birth name......money has been the only reason I haven't officially made the transition. But still, I find ways to link my brand new name to me so that people will get used to hearing it. Like I had a Facebook account and under my account, I created a page using my "dream name" ~ I write and when I write I use my dream name as my pen. Just little creative ways to get myself used to my new name and to allow others an opportunity to associate ME with this new person.

do whatever u want in which ur comfortable with, be it changing ur name or askin ppl to call u with a different name. As long as ur comfortable and not hurting anyones feelings, nothings weird...