This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best way to lose contact with high-school friends?
11-09-2012, 05:02 PM
What is the best way to lose contact with high-school friends?
I'm off to college and would prefer to refresh my social life. None of my friends are going to this particular college and I would prefer to lose contact with them.
Upon grading I think I'll close my facebook account, but I may want to chat up my new friends. How should I go about this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:11 PM

Well, you could either close your current facebook account and start up another one in which you just befriend your new friends, or you could delete your friends from your present account. It would probably be less confrontational to simply close your current account and start another one. The best way to lose contact with high-school friends is not to stay in touch with them.

Ads

I would not do that-- friends are treasure, feel lucky you have some Smile

You're going away to a different college, and you're going to meet new people and likely end up living far away from your high school friends. Life has a way of taking care of such things--school friends tend to drift apart over time, and in the next five or ten years you'll have lost touch with many of them. I've been out of high school for 28 years, and I moved to another city 4 hours away. With the exception of 1 or 2 people, most of my friends are people I've met since then. I still find it funny that I went to high school with my wife, but I didn't actually meet her until ten years after I finished high school.