This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are the most expensive wedding costs?
11-09-2012, 05:06 PM
What are the most expensive wedding costs?
What are the things besides location that are going to cost the most?
What on average might it be?
What are some way to keep a wedding cost down and still have a fabulous wedding?

If you suggest small I wish that was an option, my side of the family has about 48 close family relatives and on his is probably about equal not including our friends.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:14 PM

Reception dinner ($55/plate, not counting an open bar)
Photography ($1000+)
Yikes, I could go on and on and on. If you're on a budget, you have to simplify. Are you ok with a wedding ceremony followed by cake and champagne reception only? Is there someone who could host a reception for you at their home.

Ads

I think food is the most expensive.

Ways to cut down- lots of Do it Yourself projects. Having lots of family can hurt the wedding because it costs more to entertain everyone HOWEVER having lots of family can be a good thing...because you can ask for their help. Instead of giving you gifts..they can help out. Some can cook..some can help decorate...maybe someone can handle the music? photography? Having your wedding in an outdoor park is cheap..or community center..or your church if you have one. A family members backyard. Save on decor by shopping at arts and crafts store..Michael's store is a big money saver. A lot of do it yourself projects.

Thats still rather small- we had 400 guests and kept our wedding at $17,000

Food- $3000
cake- $1000
DJ- $800
flowers- $1500
Photographer- $2500
venue-
bar- $1500
dress- $1800
Rings- $3000
Honeymoon- $4000

those are the big items. Then you have linen costs, insurance, gifts, caterers........

BTW... I have my centerpieces for sale.

Most wedding cost a thousand of thousand of dollar based on what kind of wedding you have in mind and plan for. . . But some people pay less with a best plan . . . My wedding cost just a few thousands and we just plan it for three weeks. . .

Please check these out, it will help you plan and give you reasonable cost of Hotels and Resorts for your honeymoon and personal website of your wedding.

http://www.Augusta-Weddings.org
http://www.FreeTravelIncentive.com/Yahoo…
http://www.Weekly-Hotweeks.info
http://www.ResortsClubInternational.com
http://www.MyLocalWebsites.com

We live in CT and the only thing we didn't "scrimp" on is food/location. ($104 plate)
My dress is $500 (designer is Impression bridal)
I'm doing my own flowers and ordering wholesale (bloomsbythebox.com). Vases from tj maxx/target
I only have 2 attendants as does my fiance (hence cutting down on gifts to have to purchase)
His oldest brother was ordained to officiate at (ulc.org) and we won't have to pay him
My mother agreed to pay for the rehearsal dinner (at a pizza place - whatevs!)
Our photographer came word-of-mouth, she's just starting up so she is going to be $600 (engagement session was ony $75!!)
Our dj also came word-of-mouth and he's also just starting up so he's $550.
No limos, waste of money
Wedding day package at the spa for me and my attendants and mom. They have a special of 10% off for booking a bridal party so you definitely have to do some research and it takes time but you'll eventually find a great deal.

My advice: ask around! ask around! ask around!
Facebook is a fabulous place to begin as you are regularly updated about anyone whom you are friends with that is engaged or a family member of theirs is engaged, friends, family, coworkers, classmates, etc. You can always ask them

I agree with the food being most costly, unless you are someone who wants a Vera Wang or an equally high-cost gown.

You can spend a lot on extras, too, like save-the-dates and favors. These are more recently popular items, whereas in the past everyone took custom matchbooks and napkins to save as momentos.

I recommend you keep your friends list to just about the same as your families list. 50 family each for bride and groom, and their guests or spouses = 200. Add to that 50 friends with guests = 100. A venue that will handle 300 for the reception will be more expensive, obviously, than one that handles 200, but you can make up for it on the catering menu if you are careful.

Most caterers offer "heavy hors d'oeuvres" that are less costly than full menus, and buffets are often more affordable than seated dinners.

Some of the more costly items: photography, food, alcohol. Options are - To have a friend do the photography or instead of hiring them for the day, only for part of the day. As to food - think different - picnic reception or bbq. And, as to alcohol - if you can buy your own, it's definitely cheaper than paying for an open bar.

The reception or the food/beverage is the most expensive item that you will have to pay for in a wedding. The average wedding costs, in the USA, is around $25,000-$30,000. However, if you want an extravagant wedding and have a large guest list, it could go up to $100,000! I use to coordinate wedding receptions for a living! So, here are some tips on how to save money on your reception! In my wedding article, "Why Friday Nights and Winter Weddings Are Now the Trend," I discuss how to save a lot of money by just picking a week night, for example Friday night, or a day that is not during the "wedding season." You could negotiate your reception costs down by just picking a day that is in the "off season!" Caters want to book their calenders while it is slow! If you want to learn more about this topic go to:http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5489850/why_friday_nights_and_winter_weddings.html?cat=23. Also, having you reception in the afternoon instead of the evening! Lunch entrees are less expensive then dinner entrees! Finally,find people that you know that can cater, bake your cake, take pictures, and create your centerpieces for free as a wedding gift. This can help you save a lot money! I hope this information helps! Congratulations!

To cut down your costs, consider wearing relatives heirloom wedding dress. Or, look for one on eBay or Craigslist or at a local thrift shop that is slightly worn or possibly not used. You would be surprised how many people end up not getting married or buy multiple dresses.

Have a good friend or relative video your wedding instead of hiring a videographer. Another popular trend is to use an iPod shuffle for reception music instead of a DJ or band.

Flowers tend to be on the expensive side, so choose flowers that are in season and readily available. If you know someone with a green thumb and a flair for arranging flowers, get them help with your wedding party florals and centerpieces.

Instead of buying favors that guests may not want, in lieu of wedding favors make a small donation to your favorite charity.

Hope this helps, good luck!