This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
As a single person, how to deal with friends who post photos and brag on facebook about their boyfriends?
11-09-2012, 05:11 PM
As a single person, how to deal with friends who post photos and brag on facebook about their boyfriends?
I'm happy they found someone nice, but is it me or does it get to be too much seeing where they ate for dinner, what hotel they checked in to sleep, seeing every candid shot of them drinking and eating dessert. Am I being to sensitive? Do people exaggerate on FB?

My female friends all talk amongst each other about how great their boyfriends are and me still being single get left out. They are asking why they don't hear from me so much. I hide the fact that I cry sometimes because it seems everybody has someone.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:19 PM

I ignore it. As good I can at ignoring it, over time it doesn't help my low morale when it comes to my near non-existant romance life. C'est la vie, though.

Ads

I know it can be hard, but don't worry. The time will come when Mr. Perfect comes along. Maybe they have boyfriends now, but in a few years, you might be the one with the 'one' while they are single and looking for their prince in shining armour. Maybe you should tell your friends how you feel, and maybe they'll stop bragging to you about their boyfriends and respect your feelings. Telling them might make you feel better. Smile

it only bothers you because you're feeling lonely cause you're single . you have to either get used to it and wait till you're not. or go around and find yourself someone i guess. anyways good luck