This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is a good way into talking my dad into letting me have Facebook?
11-09-2012, 05:11 PM
What is a good way into talking my dad into letting me have Facebook?
I am nearly 14 and all of my friends have Facebook and I am missing out. My dad says he doesn't want me to have an account and he hasn't specified why. But I really want an account and so I need to know some help into how I can get my dad to say yes into having a Facebook account.
Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:19 PM

m

Ads

Have you tried telling him, to have an
account, you must be 13 or older?

I don't think Facebook is that great of
a site. I've tried it, and after 2 minutes
deleted my account.

Social networking plays a sometimes significant role and can aid with communication with peers involving homework, projects, and other important related information, along with maintaining a private channel of communication that is moderated responsibly your very own peers.

Do it behind his back? Surely you can go to the library and make an account there or something.

Although, I agree with your father. Facebook is way too public, and photos can be posted of you without your permission. I'd go for something like LiveJournal.

...And you're not missing out. Facebook isn't anything special, and it's rather boring.

Just make it and use it at home, when he tries to tell you off just tell him he didn't specify why you couldn't go on it therefore he is at fault and should apologise to and let you keep it.

Tell your dad that you can have your entire profile private so that nobody who you haven't added as a friend can see your personal info. You can even have it so that no one can find you by searching so you have to find them first. Also offer that your dad can see your Facebook to make sure he's all right with everything you've got up there.

If all else fails, you can always make one in secret. Wink

Allow him to check on your profile every week. he'll feel as if he is being a guarding father and responsible parent but after a couple weeks he'll get tired of checking it and then you'll get the profile to yourself. yay. or just make your profile private. Or make one, don't tell him, and when he finds out or if he does it will be years later when he doesn't care.

read up on facebook first. look at the all privacy measures in place. make sure you only add people you know. even make your father vet the people you might be interested in adding. make your father a page too and add him to your list.