This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone else think Facebook is overrated?
11-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Does anyone else think Facebook is overrated?
I was on it for a bit and got inundated with my bloody relatives requests. Jesus! I get enough of those in the real world so I closed my account.

The games are OK though.

So why is everyone going over there?
Have i asked this question before?? Strong sense of de ja vu over here!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:23 PM

never been on it just for losers

Ads

lol.

My friends don't have credit so use facebook so that's why but I still miss what's going on. My mum is still stropping cus i won't add her.

The games are good, the chat bit is annoying though.

I think I only lasted a fortnight. It's ok, but I don't get all the fuss either. I *might give it another go. I just want a bit of breathing space after a wee problem.

I am a relatively new Facebook user and I use it to keep track of my friends particularly those who travel a lot.

Our consensus seems to be that we are irritated by people who post random words, private digs at other people, or who hold private conversations in public.

People should treat Facebook like a conversation in the pub. It is in public, politeness says you do not exclude members of the group so you have to explain references., and you do not say things about people that you would not say to their face.

There seems to an extraordinary ignorance about privacy levels (so you can stop your family or others from finding you) and a peculiar inclination to add strangers as friends and then hand them enormous amounts of information.

My personal feeling is that Facebook can be a lifeline to the isolated but is often used badly and unsafely.

Way overrated.
You writing on you wall and you don't even know them.

Facebook seems like the kind of thing I would have been obsessed with as a teenager, but at the ripe old age of 25 I'd rather just pick up the phone!

If you like the games on Facebook, you should try Battle Stations

http://apps.facebook.com/battlestations/...Torry+Wolf

Facebook is alright but I agree is largely overrated.

I just don't get all the hype. It’s kinda cool to have a place where you can see all of your friends’ contact info and express yourself in that lame “look at what bands and TV shows I like” way, BUT that’s about as far as it goes. It’s nothing that’s going to change your life. It’s not going to bankrupt newspapers and encyclopedias. It might save you from having to call one friend to get another friend’s phone number once in a blue moon, and that’s about it. There’s no killer application for social networks, just a few sorta ok ones and a bunch of annoyance.

And what I the most irritating about Facebook is the plethora of “add on”s your friends invite you to…

….”you have been bitten by a rabid warewolf! bite back!”

eh ok….

…..”you have been attacked by a zombie! join the undead”

oh well…

…..”you have been bitten by a nightcrawler…”

After a while you start getting seriously annoyed. Your page simply becomes cluttered up - with the funwalls and the gifts and whatnots. I personally think its an eyesore.