This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it true that it is rare to have a monogamous gay male relationship?
11-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Is it true that it is rare to have a monogamous gay male relationship?
That is what I keep reading, that it's much more common to have an OPEN relationship. I would never in a million years do that! If I wanted to sleep with multiple dudes, I would just be single. If my boyfriend all of a sudden wants to have an "open" relationship, I would throw his cheating ass out and then punch him in the face.

I mainly just want a monogamous relationship, to love ONE person and to make love with ONE person Big Grin

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:23 PM

Kick him to the curb. He's already let you know that he wants to sleep with other people. That means that he doesn't feel the same way about you, that you feel about him. He'll probably cheat too. Doesn't seem like he has any problem with cheating if he suggested this.

Ads

I agree, i dont understand why you would want to be boyfriends if your gonna cheat.

you are so not alone.I want a commited relationship even though I am still single.
I ,just like you,wanna love one guy and make love with him.
but why is it so damn hard to meet a decent guy who is not too ugly and sweet.?

Not true at all, I'm 24 and am in a monogamous relationship with my boyfriend, we have been together for a little over a year.

Could you be any more dramatic?

Look kid, I don't know where you "keep reading" this crap but it is just that, crap.
True there are some, key word, some who do have an open relationship. So do straight couples.
What works for them may not work for you or everyone and it's not supposed to. It works for them, if you want a monogamous relationship then by all means go have one.
And so you know, having an open relationship is not cheating if they are open....hence the term, that is when one or both parties partake in sexual activity outside of the relationship or including as long as both parties are aware of the situation, it is an open relationship.

Monogamous gay male relationships are not as uncommon as you think. I'm in my mid-twenties, and one of my mother's oldest friends -- a gay man in his mid-fifties -- has been in a monogamous relationship with the same man for as long as I can remember.

That could be you, too. I can pretty much guarantee that you will find the boyfriend who's right for you if you keep looking for him. You might be able to find him at a gay bar or an LGBT support group or club like PFLAG, the Metropolitan Church, or Gay Youth. Or perhaps you might be able to find him by posting a personal ad in your local newspaper, on your Facebook or MySpace page (if you have one), or on the website for an online dating service like http://www.Match.com. Or perhaps you might find your boyfriend through totally different means. Just keep looking -- and he'll come to you eventually!

Good luck -- and happy LGBT Pride Month!

I really don't believe in the so called open relationship thing but if I had a boyfriend who decides to have an open relationship than I'll just leave him and find someone else.

Uh, no. Look for someone who wants only you.