This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it possible to use my vodafone (but unlocked) blackerry for internet and BBM in Spain?
11-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Is it possible to use my vodafone (but unlocked) blackerry for internet and BBM in Spain?
I am moving to Spain for 9 months on a teaching contract and to stay in touch i was hoping to be able to use my blackberry with facebook, email and blackberry messenger.

If i get a pay as you go simcard in spain, as i am not there long enough to get a contract, will i be able touse all of these??

If not what can i do???

Freddie

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:24 PM

This is a problem, I've heard you NEED a Blackberry tarrif too use the "Push" E-Mail etc. on your Blackberry

No mobile operators actively offer pre-paid Sim Cards with the Blackberry tariff, depending on how good your Castellano is you might be able to get one though - usually if you ask you get

I pay 5€ a month for Blackberry E-Mail on EuskalTel, I no longer use my Blackberry and have put the Sim Card into an iPhone

The problem with unlocking blackberrys is MANY, you'll need too call your network - for example if you're in the U.S it could be Verizon
tell them you want too unlock you phone, and you want your devices PIN - an alpha-numeric number [which if you've ever used Blackberry Messenger it's this number]

They will take your phone off from the Blackberry Server this is crucial or you won't get PUSH - you'll still be able too use the internet browser though, you'll also be able too use the internet browser if you buy a standard internet tariff - they start at around 7,50€ on Vodafone

- my mother unlocked a Blackberry from Movistar to brought it to EuskalTel, her PUSH stopped working because the device was still registered with her old number, it was easier to buy a new one !! than all the hassle of contacting Movistar for a closed account

But also if you get your phone unlocked, buy any sim card with any internet data package it will still work, but you'll have to access Facebook by the internet browser, and blackberry messenger and push e-mail's won't work.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply