This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To what extent is Chinese Internet access censored?
11-09-2012, 05:17 PM
To what extent is Chinese Internet access censored?
I have a roommate who lives in China and I'd like to know if my emails and Facebook friend request are censored in any way. Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:25 PM

When I was 13 my father and I lived in China for 10 months. We were very dissapointed because facebook was blocked. And in the are where we were living which was north west there was absolutely no internet at all the goverment shut it off. Google was blocked,and yahoo was blocked.But it depends what province oyu live in because some have more access than others. There are also ways to ovvveride the blocked web sites.

Ads

11-09-2012, 05:25 PM

i think there is way too much internet freedom in China. did you know that the internet was invented by the u.s military? now why on earth would the u.s military invent something, if it didnt have an offensive application? the answer to that is, that the internet is used as a weapon by the u.s regime to promote propaganda, and disinformation. for China to allow any foreign website in their country is more than lenient and gracious on their behalf. if you do a search for China on the internet, take a look at the filth, and attacks made by the west against China. then think to yourself, would you allow these kinds of attacks if you were the Chinese president? i certainly would not. facebook is tightly monitored by the cia, and other western cops. i think if China allowed facebook, they would be very irresponsible for allowing their citizens to be spied on by u.s cops. i think the best thing for China to do is to invent its own internet and block the american one entirely. the ned and western embasy staff has already started 2 riots in xing jiang, and tibet. this is why they blocked facebook, and i support the decision to block it. the more western culture that gets into China, the worse off China will be. just look at the decay of hong kong, and taiwan youth.