This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to cure cellphone addiction and twitter ? ?
10-02-2012, 07:56 AM
How to cure cellphone addiction and twitter ? ?
I am addicted to twitter. I dont wanna delete my account. But i cant without checking updates online every now and then. What to do ? Plis help me

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 08:04 AM

I believe the addiction of things like twitter is the short high you get when you receive an update or notification. If you truly want to cure the addiction you need to let go of the fact that you can't always be aware of everything that's going on.

I recommend a program called Self Control - it blocks the sites you want it to for a set amount of time so you can get other stuff done. You can use it to wean yourself off the twitter teat, and it's free.

http://visitsteve.com/made/selfcontrol/

Ads

10-02-2012, 08:04 AM

Depending on your need of always being on call at all times of the day, try limiting yourself initially to checking your phone for calls and messages once an hour or two - you need not answer every call immediately (as I said it depends on your profession). That way you'll get some time to work uninterrupted, which will give you better productivity.

Call/ msg people back when you check your phone after the one hour stipulated time - twitter/ fb as well. It sounds difficult, but it can be done (I say this from experience). Remember, people call on your cellphone based on THEIR availability but it doesn't mean that you have to be on their beck and call if you're busy.

Make exceptions for your family when they call anytime - you can set specific ringtones for important people and silent ringtone as default.

I do this since a year now and it's helped increase my productivity a lot. Try the same for checking emails.