This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is this big hype about Twitter?
11-09-2012, 05:23 PM
What is this big hype about Twitter?
Is anyone else weirded out by the idea of people constantly volunteering personal information about themselves to people who "follow them"? Isn't it weird to forfeit your own privacy like that?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:31 PM

It's retarded and a total waste of time.

Ads

idk myself i think its just a follower kind of thing i mean who wants or who cares about what people r doing thats dumb to me they need to worry bout there on life instead of others and also thats stalker stuff if you ask me

I don't have an issue with the volunteering of personal information (after all, the author can decide how intimate they want to be, or which snippets of information should remain private) but I just think it's a bit dull. Do I care that someone has just finished work, is going to buy a new laptop or is listening to a particular singer? No.

http://www.hellboundbloggers.com/reviews...or-newbies

http://www.hellboundbloggers.com/best-po...in-twitter

Twitter is your online message status ! Check these posts for further info ! Even famous celebs are there !

Cheers !
HellBound Bloggers

For one you don't give out your private information. It's just remarks that you make or ideas that you come up with. Of course some people are crazy enough to give out too much info.
But twitter isn't any different then face book and my space. Their all the same, it's up to each person involved to limit what they put out there for the whole world to read.

Think of twitter like this:

You wake up in the morning and see a little blue bird perched outside your window, playing a violin. Instead of calling one person, or running downstairs to get on your computer and write a page long blog on it you can pull your blackberry out and write "OMG I just saw a bluebird playing a violin!" And people who subscribed to your twitter are instantly updated.

Twitter, thought mildly annoying, is just a way of showing how we as humans have created a faster way to relay tons of information to a giant mass as opposed to printing out papers, calling relatives, or holding a press conference.

And if people are willing to forfeit their own privacy then by means let them. Celebrities have been doing it for years.

idk its retarded anyone can stalk you