This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are the best sites and ways to use the internet to make new friends ?
11-09-2012, 05:25 PM
I am not a teen anymore so please do not give sites that are meant for teens

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:33 PM

I suggest making new friends in real life.

Ads

Facebook,
Myspace,
Onlinedating (you can use this to make friends not just to find someone).
there are many dating websites that you can use.

Facebook or myspace could work.

Twitter.

Facebook.

Myspace.

Bebo.

Or if you like playing games and making new friends in the process go to
iminlikewithyou.com! Games are simple but so addicting. You can play online with other players! Big Grin Great way to have fun and make new friends. You can be my friend on there if you want Big Grin. Just email me Tongue.

free dating agencires...dont know where you live.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=f...ting&meta=

most of these are for uk

Meetup.com has lots of groups you can join, covering lots of different interests. I am sure you would find something you would like to join and which is near you.

I have found that the best way to find new friends online is to search for people who have blogs about topics that interest you. Comment on those blogs regularly and then email the person saying how much you appreciate their work. If you look for local bloggers who have small blogs then you can eventually take these connections offline by meeting in person to discuss the topic of interest which they obviously have a lot to say on if they have a blog about it.

For example, let's say you like fashion. Find a local blogger who has a fashion blog. Comment on the blog. Ask questions. And then when you eventually meet up in person, continue to ask questions about the fashion topic, trade info on stores and designers, etc. Thus, a new frienship is born.

If that's not your style, though, there are definitely good sites for meeting new friends. I like sites like Meetup.com because they let you find events that you're interested in going to and then you can connect with people who are also interested in going to those events. This gives you a common activity that you can do together while meeting people you might like.

Facebook can be used to make new friends online. LinkedIn is a good way to make online friends with people who are friends of your existing friends. Twitter can be used to make new friends if you're interested in really working hard to communicate through the site. Basically, any social networking site will work.

However, I really believe that finding niche things that you're interested in - even if it's just on forums or through things like Facebook groups - allows you the best chance of connecting online with friends that things can actually develop with.

Runescape
Roblox
MSN
MySpace
Twitter
Bebo
Stardoll
Play MMPORG Games
IM