This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why are people obsessed with online networking sites, such as twitter?
11-09-2012, 05:27 PM
why are people obsessed with online networking sites, such as twitter?
why do people want to report their lives online. i dont get it. doesnt anyone want privacy anymore. i think its fine to have something like a facebook or something like that to keep in touch with people from high school or college or what ever but really, i dont need to know that you just ate dinner some place and post a picture of you drinking some drink or partying in vegas. ugh its so annoying. and arent people a little weired out that once you post pictures of your self online people can stalk you on their and just randomly come up to you on the street and know who you are. it happened in nyc a few months ago, some like 13 year old updated her facebook status and said that she was home alone watching movies and her parents were out of town. yea thats real safe, no surprise that some freak showed up to her house bc he found out where she lived from comments on her page and info that she gave out such as her school and stuff.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:35 PM

narcissism!!!

Ads

For some its a kinda entertainment, for some its for publicity, for more it a time pass, for most its thier fundamental duty. Tongue

People think are so special so they want to promote their gift!

i only use twitter to kept in touch and play games and because it fun but i don't like write stuff like that 13 year done.I stay safe

because it is popular and something to talk about.

disregarding privacy, they want to be recognized

assuming their lives and their stories is interesting (or boring in the way that it becomes ironically interesting too) , they tell everyone what they had for breakfast or where they llive

don't have anything else to do, or disoriented with the importance of time

Hi ,
well some people actually make money with their tweets.
others are simply bored at home Wink
and others maybe just looking for new friuends

You're right E. People do need to be more private online. Anyone who has access to a web page with that kinda info on it can mess a person's life up pretty good.

I think a lot of people do that because they just blurt things out without even thinking about them....

Anyway, I hope this encourages some people to think before they create like, 10 face books or Bebos, and fill them with that stuff.

You are correct that people need to be careful on Twitter.

People need to be careful wherever they are.

The Internet is not the only place where crimes originate from. But it certainly is one place. If not for the Internet people would find other places to cause trouble from. So the issue is not really the Internet but rather the choices people are making today.

Twitter is an excellent tool for spreading a business, political and/or religious message. I use it for my @BodyByChocolate account most every day, but I don't spend a great deal of time telling people what I ate for breakfast.

If the tool is used correctly it is very powerful, if incorrectly it is very stupid.

The Body By Chocolate Man
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/BodyByChocolate