This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it a good idea to come out on facebook?
11-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Is it a good idea to come out on facebook?
My parents know I'm bi. I haven't officially come out to my sister but I think she's overheard some conversations. I'm still not out to anyone else because I haven't seen any reason to come out. Should I change my info to interested in men and women or just wait until I've come out to more people.
I'm not a lesbian in denial because I'm attracted to guys as well as girls.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:36 PM

um no

Ads

i think you're just lesbian in denial. when did you choose to be bi and why?
i chose a couple of months ago.

Why are you so worried... everything I am on I write "I'm a lesbian!!" everywhere. Everyone knows by now and I don't care so why should you?

Lol what I did on fb I just wrote "IM GAY EVERYONE!!!" everyone thought I was kidding =/ so yea it didn't work I suggest u don't do that

i would come out to ur sister and close freinds first...
they may not like the fact that u didnt tell them, and came out to all of facebook before them you know?

answer mine?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...353AAehW8E

Not even a little bit. I say just start throwing around some gay sounding jokes at school and if somebody asks you "hey... Are you gay?" say "duh, what the hell else would I be?" that's what I wish I'd done. Instead, I told a few of my friends and gradually came out over the course of 4 years. Once I actually did however, I realized I had just missed the opportunity of a lIfe time to do something hilarious.

So there you are at the exact center of the universe, and everyone is anticipating your next move.

Seven billion persons all with their own lives, sitting on the edge of their seats staring at Facebook hoping to find out the truth about your sex life. After 10,000 years of civilization, who can say how this will change the world?

Try to avoid acquiring a sexually transmitted disease.

My sister recently changed her Facebook status to "in a relationship" and she made no secret about it on FB and she and her new beau spoke openly on FB. This weekend we had a family get-together at my mom's place and I asked her why she didn't bring her S.O. along. She was all "What S.O. I don't have an S.O." She has 2 bros and a sister on FB. If you don't want our parents to find out then tell us it's supposed to be a secret and don't make it "open" on FB.

I'm just saying coming out on FB will backfire on you especially if you didn't tell people close to you.

Do what you want to do. If you don't really want to, or aren't ready for people to know, then don't do it. However, If you are confident and don't care what people think, are determined to be happy and true to yourself, and want everyone to know it, then go ahead and do it. You don't have to dim you shine for anyone. Your real friends honestly won't give a damn, and if they did, chuck them deuces up because they aren't true friends, and they don't deserve you.