This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do the police know if you breach your bail conditions?
11-09-2012, 05:29 PM
How do the police know if you breach your bail conditions?
My boyfriend and I were arrested and one of the terms of our bail is that we cannot speak to each other. I know we both go back to jail if they catch us together, but I was just wondering how they track this? Are our phones tapped. our facebook profiles being watched, etc?

Ps. The charge is possession with intent to traffic.

inb4-"YOU'RE A HORRIBLE DRUG DEALER" because I was just in a car with a bunch of idiots who had drugs in the car.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:37 PM

They shouldn't be telling you who you can talk to.... I'd call in to the local police station, talk to a lawyer too. In fact, they can't do this at all.
If cops walked around telling us who we can and can't talk to... lmao.

Ads

I find it reasonably unlikely that your facebook profiles are being watched, but you never know. I wouldn't try something as obvious as that.

It depends, really, on how motivated the police department in your area is. Some departments are slightly more overworked (or slack) than others.

when you are caught together, they know it. the more you are together the chances are worse. you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. turn this around. the boyfriend is no good. the car people were no good. friends don't get friends busted.

the short answer is - don't get caught together. Don't break your bail condition. Such a bail condition is usually set to keep someone like you out of harm's way.Was the bail term "don't speak" or was it "don't associate".
How you most likely get caught is - someone sees you, like a cop, off duty cop, or "concerned citizen".
Someone with a little spare time may check phone or internet records - it only takes a couple of minutes, and there is nothing you can do to hide it.

Unless your boyfriend is really big time, or part of a bigger organisation, there won;t be teams of Agents with camera's on every roof top, sophisticated electronic surveillance, and Steven Segal is unlikely to be under your bed (but have a look to be sure !)

Someone usually calls them on you.

An Officer on bail in my town , with a no contact order, was caught and he met the person in ANOTHER town.

"Kable" is full of straw!!!
If you have a release which stipulates you cannot have contact with each other...then you CANNOT have contact with each other, otherwise you will be charged with breach of Recognizance, & arrested under that charge. You will also still have to deal with the original charge.
Usually, the police will find out if there's a breach if they have to stop you for something, & find the two of you together. Once they run you on their computer system in the car., information that you are under bail conditions will be disclosed. Also, if people see you together, or know you are communicating, they can report you. All they have to do is go to the police & tell them they have reasonable grounds to believe you have breached your bail conditions.
Also, if your bail condition says you can't have contact directly or indirectly..that would mean no emails, no regular mail, no phone calls, & no contact through another person. From what you said, I'd guess it's a no contact condition.

Well, they CAN tap your phone with the judges consent, but very rarely does this happen. FB profiles can be seen by anyone, including the officers, and if they get wind of it, then your both in legal hot water.