This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you assess the popularity of tv networks and tv shows in different countries?
11-09-2012, 05:30 PM
How do you assess the popularity of tv networks and tv shows in different countries?
Hi all,

I working on a project in which I need to assess the popularity of the tv network, Nickelodeon, in various countries around the world. I also need to assess the popularity of the actress, Victoria Justice, in different countries. I'm not not sure where to look, or where to really start about this project in general because I do not have much experience with market research. If anyone could give me a few tips and/or suggestions on how I should go about completing this project I would really appreciated it!

Thanks for your time!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:38 PM

You are unlikely to get recent data. Most viewing data of T.V.s is provided by a volunteer audience made up of a cross section of Society. T.V. in the volunteer homes send data to a central data unit to be assessed. Mobile roving T.V. scanners also drive around neighbourhoods scanning which T.V. channels are being watched. This does not violate privacy as addresses are not collected. The data is pooled with other data and assessed for advertising and other purposes.

A way you can assess the popularity of a T.V. show or Actress is to check their following on Facebook and Twitter.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply