This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I upload a video onto my brother's memorial page from the DVD of his Nutcracker performance?
11-09-2012, 05:31 PM
How do I upload a video onto my brother's memorial page from the DVD of his Nutcracker performance?
I don't believe it is protected or anything like that. I want to put it on a Facebook page for a memorial event for him.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:39 PM

Assuming you do not have any capable software yet and that it is indeed not encrypted, here is a no cost solution:

Copy the disc contents to your computer by placing the it in a DVD drive, right click and select Explore. Copy either all the files from this disc to a drive on your computer or only the video files in which he is included.

Download and install, "VirtualDub-MPEG2"

http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/~fcchandler/stable/

(note that you may need their AC-3 ACM codec)

Open whichever files that you wish to edit and use the progress bar with the selection arrows (immediate right control buttons - left arrow is beginning of selection and right arrow is end of selection).

Once the selection of video is done, you need to render. This software only renders to .avi and the file sizes can be quite large. After selecting the video to render, you probably should try "Direct Stream Copy" from the tools menu:

Toolbar at top > Video > select "Direct Stream Copy"

Now again access the toolbar at top and select "Save as AVI"

Direct Stream Copy can have audio sync problems, so if that is the case and you need the audio from the DVD, then select "Full Processing Mode" from the toolbar > Video. This will result in a much larger file size though.

Assuming that Facebook converts to flash, then you should be able to upload this to their site as longs as it is within any file size limits.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply