This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am a father of 4 and have joint legal custody and i have primary physical custody and want to move out of ca?
11-09-2012, 05:33 PM
I am a father of 4 and have joint legal custody and i have primary physical custody and want to move out of ca?
The mother has visitation every other weekend. She also lives with a reg sex offender, the court order states he can not be around the children. How hard is it going to be for me to get approval from the courts, and will her living situation help in my favor

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:41 PM

You need her consent

Ads

get a good lawyer, though how do you plan for your kids too see their mom, remember they love her, its important for them to stay in touch with her

how far are you moving and will the two of you be able on work on geting her too see the kids

You need an attorney and you need to go to court to prove that this move will inevitably be in the best interests of the children...I hope you are moving for cost of living enhancement purposes and not a new girlfriend...they judges don't want to hear about your new girlfriend (if that's the case).

if you can prove that the move is in the best interest of the children, and can make arrangements for the mother to still see the children, then you should be allowed to move. But it does all have to go through the courts. If I were you I would compile all my bills and my living expenses and then get a letter from the new job you are going to stating your new salary and contact a realtor for living expenses in that neighborhood and I would present it like this. Either I can move me and the kids to a state that we can afford to live in, OR the mother can pay me $XXXX a month in child support which will allow me to continue to live here.

That might be a case a Judge can live with the options because both parents are suppose to support their children.

You need to be very clear on on her access rights, as well as offer to put up a cash or certified bond that would be forfeited to her in the event that you start denying her access. Note, being a registered sex offender does not mean much in California. A father, who has spent time in jail due to a false allegation, then gets his conviction overturned, still has to register as a sex offender. IN 2009, the conviction of a man who spent 16 years in prison was commuted by the Governator, at the request of his now adult children, whom he supposedly molested. They said their mother had forced them to make the allegations. He still has to register. In El Monte, a man who got his girlfriend pregnant when he was 18 and she was 15, is now married to her and they have four more kids, but he still has to register.

Have you taken the time to learn why he is required to register? In Kansas, if a man takes a piss behind a bar, he is considered a sex offender.

This is not to say that you may not have valid concerns, just take the time to confirm why.

This link is what I give fathers when the mother is trying to take the children out of the state. Use it as a guide.
http://divpat.org/VisitationRights-Stand...g-Distance

Check out these links.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dads_House_Ed_Ctr/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/2ndwifeclub
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=145960707624