This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best thing to say to my mother who is always pressuring me to make a facebook account so I could ?
11-09-2012, 05:40 PM
What is the best thing to say to my mother who is always pressuring me to make a facebook account so I could ?
meet more guys ?

and while i appreciate her efforts at wanting me to find a decent man knowing that I'm not very social, but I loathe facebook !!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:48 PM

Facebook is not the place to meet boys, tell her that. The only guys you will meet 99% of the time are creeps.

Ads

You'll meet a nicer guy while shopping for groceries.

wow i am 13 and am constantly pressured to get facebook but dont want it. tell your mum that people are often really different on fb than in real life and that it's better to meet people in person as it boosts confidence

Ya me too.

The internet is no place to meet a guy

Tell her the reason the divorce rate is probably so high is because people rely on the internet to meet the "man of their dreams."

"F*ck off" might work.

Facebook isn't the best place to meet guys I would believe...

You can always just tell her that you really don't want to meet a guy over the internet. I mean, what's going to happen? A guy that claims to be from Canada and you two hit it off, and it turns out he's someone that is the total opposite that he claims to be? If you agree that you want to meet more guys, but you just don't want to through Facebook, look into a dating site. Chemistry, eHarmony, etc.

You really don't need to get into an internet to find a guy though. Go to your local church you attend, or do some community work. Or go to the park. There are plenty other ways to find a guy than through the internet. Least of all Facebook.

Your mother doesn't seem to have very high morals or ethics. She should tell you to go out and find new guys not internet.

Facebook is not a place to meet people. It is not like your going to add men that you don't even know. I think you should go to a dating website if you want to meet guys. E harmony and Match.com are the best websites to meet men. Facebook can be fun with your friends, but if you add people that you don't know, it could be terrible. For example, Cyber bullying.