This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If someone is underage and pregnant, does your school have the following rights?
11-09-2012, 05:40 PM
If someone is underage and pregnant, does your school have the following rights?
Are they able to tell you you're a disgrace to the school and it's religion?
Get social services involved?
Tell you that you must delete your facebook?
Ring your mother and tell her she doesn't know how to raise you?
Not allow you to enter school for two weeks?
Tell you how you must arrive to school?

Need help, is any of this crap against the law? It all seems so unfair.
i'm not the one who's pregnant. and i live in the north of ireland. so we're under british laws.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:48 PM

lol...should have kept your legs closed.

Lemme guess...he said "if you love me you will do it"

lmao

Ads

Well I don't know where you live but where I am im pretty sure the school couldn't do any of that stuff...

Well its because they have no right to say all this to u especially if ur pregnant Smile

idk about where you are at. but im pretty sure school around here are aloud to kick girls out for being prego they do it all the time. i dont see how they could call social services and even if they did nothig will come of it. im sure they can call your mom and be rude they do that to everyones mom and dad. yes they can kick you out. idk about the how you have to arrive thing. but hey why not get a lawyer mayb you can get some money to help take care of that baby! good luck sweety. =D

They have no right against your personal affairs. You can sue them for harassment, and unjust punishment. Also you can, if you wanted, bring this to the papers. If I were you I'd get the cops involved or call someone with more authority in the school.

The school should be confidential about what you tell them. They are allowed to guide you in the right direction but shouldn't be allowed to do anything without your consent. They should keep any judgement to themselves as they are supposed to support you and be there to help you regardless of whether or not they agree with it

If it's a private, religious school, then they can likely get away with all of that. If it's a public school, then:

Are they able to tell you you're a disgrace to the school and it's religion? - Receiving a lecture on responsibility is to be expected, but this verbiage would be over the line and unacceptable.

Get social services involved? - Yes.

Tell you that you must delete your facebook? - No, though they can prohibit you from accessing it during school hours or while on school property.

Ring your mother and tell her she doesn't know how to raise you? - No, that is not acceptable.

Not allow you to enter school for two weeks? - I can't think of any reason why they should do this.

Tell you how you must arrive to school? - You have to arrive at a certain time, and they can regulate vehicle traffic on school grounds, but in general, they have no authority over your transportation otherwise.

I see a lot of answers that say that what they did was not appropriate, which is each persons opinion.

You asked if they had the 'right' to do what they did.

The answer is yes, they do.

It sounds regrettable they didn't do some of those things earlier.