This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I control my online (facebook particularly) addiction?
11-09-2012, 05:42 PM
How do I control my online (facebook particularly) addiction?
Even when I close my account, I reopen it all the time. I can't seem to stop my facebook addiction. It's really holding me back from priorities and it's making me depressed. I hate facebook, I don't want to close it, but I just want to use it way less.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:50 PM

I've never used Facebook a minute in my life, so I can't help you there.

Ads

By growing up and taking responsibility for your actions

Um, delete your account?

just close it for once & tell yourself won't visit facebook no matter what happens !

first you will have some depression & tension for 4-5 days , but after some days you will forget about it . you will grow mentally stronger & confident about yourself . thats called will power

You gotta get a hobby. Drae or something read.

I deleted my account. I lived. Big Grin

The best two ways i found to control your facebook addiction are :
1. You can use this website (http://www.minutesplease.com) , which is a website that you can use to control the time you use on facebook. you put in the amount of time you want to be on the specific website for
and when the time is up, you get a notification 1 minute before it closes your window
or you can also use this program, which you have to download, called SelfControl where you list out the websites you want ot block off for a certain amount of time, and it blocks off the servers for these websites and you cant go back on them till the time is up. regardless if you delete the program or close it, your listed websites will still be blocked.

2. You can try this smart time schedule software that can help limit and control ur usage of certain website and application.It's a bit expensive ( $49.95 ) but it can save you a lot of time to earn much more than what you have to pay ..