This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I feel like my sister is better than me and everything is a competition, what should i do?
11-09-2012, 05:44 PM
I feel like my sister is better than me and everything is a competition, what should i do?
My sister is a year younger than me but she is taller,tanner,skinnier and everyone even my friends always say she is pretty.
Everything always feels like a competition athletics, academics even getting more facebook friends and photos.
I think that she is prettier and sportier and better at stuff then me because everyone always says your sister is so pretty.
I feel bad about myself but don't know what to do. What should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:52 PM

Kill her

Ads

of course they say she is pretty not like they are saying she prettier though?
your probally amazing at other things and you just have to focus on them , not on her

Study her handwriting for a while. Then when she's asleep, get that pass-out gas, and make her pass out. Then take her to the forest, and tie her up. Go back home, and write a note in her handwriting and tell your parents that she ran away to Hollywood.

Stop competing and comparing yourself to her. Seriously -- just change your mind set about her.

Aw Hun God made us all the same but we all go through that phase! well im 23 and my sister is 24, my birthday is Feb. 9 and hers is the 13th lol so our whole life has been a ongoing competition but i love her and she loves me so it isn't a issue BUT some competition is good because it can make you strong, just don't take it too far!
love Ur sis and let her be your best friend not Ur enemy<3

p.s good luck and pray and ask god to rid you of any insecurity's

Really hon its just sibling rivalry. She competes with you because she feels your the better one and the one who gets all the attention. I have an older sister and I did the same exact stuff. I understand how the younger siblings minds work. And from what it sounds like your both In high school. Correct? When you both start to grow up and mature you will find a friendship will grow and you'll laugh at how you two used to compete. My sister and I are now really good friends and we hang out all the time now that we both have our own lives and have our own worries. Being the skinniest tannest and most popular on Facebook is really the least of anyone's worries. Just figure in a couple years all you'll care about is how your going to pay your bills and when you work next. This will all seem trivial very soon.

that's others opinion's but have you been hearing yours... others opinions and these thoughts are stuck in the back of your head... she may be taller but look at the advantages of being small, may be skinnier but you can work there too(not saying your overweight), you can change your looks too but i don't see a reason too. you can be more athletic,smart... she may have more facebook friends.. but the thing is how much of them does she keep in contact on a daily basis? and plus if you be yourself and not care what anybody thinks... im pretty shure you'll get more friends too Big Grin but what should you do? if it bother you soo much, you will find something that your sister doesn't compare to you. just keep trying new thingss. don't worry who knows... everything might change in the future.

That happens to me too. I just have to focus on how I'm better than her, rather than in which ways she's better than me. Try to find some sport or something that you can use to get your mind off of that. When I ice skate, I feel so free, and don't care for criticism. You also may get better at it, and find your calling.
If you need to, talk about it with someone you trust: BFF, counselor, adult, parent, teacher, friend, etc.
Timing is also important. If your annoyed with her, just wait for the right moment. (Spontaneous combustion. JK! Don't really attack her.) If she gets in trouble for something, make sure you have been extra during that time. Or even save something for a time like that, like a good test score or something. It will really get your parents to be like: "see, look how well (your name) did on her (whatever it was). You shouldn't have (whatever she's in trouble for). I'm grounding you for two weeks.