This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are some of the pros and cons of joining Facebook?
11-09-2012, 05:44 PM
What are some of the pros and cons of joining Facebook?
I really didn't need anything extra in my life....but someone at my Church had downloaded a music video of our music group...and that was to view it, by joining facebook....now, what have I done...lol?...I am not sure what will follow next...oh..and I never did get that video downloaded either..lol...it's crazy!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:53 PM

Pro-you can connect with all your friends, and find old friends you haven't seen forever

Con- They steal all your info, there's no privacy

Ads

pros-You can i.m. your friends and play games.

cons-It is not safe. People can stalk you on Facebook by looking at what you say to other people.

Pros:
Online meeting place.
Know your friend's b'day.
Msg your friends without calling or smsing or meeting them.
Create events.
Join fun groups.
Fun applications.

Cons:
Gets a bit awkward when you add a family member and your friends posts up sexual comments about you.
Burns up quite a bit of your time when you're working on an assignment.
Stalkers.

Pros: Staying in touch with friends or family that live out of state or far away from you.
Cons: People post TMI, it can cause problems in relationships such as your girlfriend questioning every new friend request with a girl you receive, your business is always out there if you wish, viruses, and last but not least I am almost positive thats the governments way to keep an eye on everyone.

I had one and opted out of it shortly after. Getting rid of it was the best decision I ever made Smile

PRO: In all honesty, Facebook is where you have the opportunity to track people such as old friends, missing relatives and a good media of advertising, too.

CONS: It consumes your time which can ultimately result to late sleeping habits and a distraction at work. Specially with the fact with this is when you get addicted to its games!

Ask yourself this.......
Do you have the time to devote to facebook?
Do you feel the need to communicate with people you are very likely never going to meet?
Do you want to devote the time it takes to engage yourself in the lives of mostly strangers?
Do you want to devote the time it takes to let strangers know what is going on in your personal life?
Do you care (really) what is going on in the lives of your fellow church members or non-church members?
Facebook serves a good purpose for those who have children and have distant relatives - kids in college - etc...pic exchange and keeping distant family up to date - that's all fine.
If you are single and basically living your life - building your life - etc....
You should be far too busy for Facebook - I can't express that enough!!
F A R Too B U S Y for idle get you nowhere internet chit-chat about what?
N O T H I N G...

Im pretty sure face book is an evil in this world, I dont know whether God approves.

Its good because you tend to get people you havnt spoken to in millenia becoming your friends.. but then you still dont speak to them, so you end up looking at their profile and before you know it your looking at pictures of someone your not even really friends with any more, and before you know it your judging the pictures ie she looks nice, oh shes put on weight..
.........and peoples profile pics tends to become a competition who can have the most radical or the most beautiful and then people update their status to tell you the most stupid boring inane stuff like "im eating a cheese sandwhich" and it makes you believe that your in contact with these people and communicating with them but your not really cos seeing someone in person or letters are so much more real, even an email beats facebook chat...you start longing for normal human contact with these people.
There is one area that it is good, the ease of which you can send party invites to people and recieve them.
But all in all its a horrible competition which noone wins.