This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What to do when someones trying to control me?
11-09-2012, 05:44 PM
What to do when someones trying to control me?
Long story short, my husband told my his parents/sisters that we are too busy to visit right now. He didn't feel the need to give them an explanation because the reasons are private. They do not like this and are trying to manipulate us into visiting. They're posting manipulative and inappropriate facebook status and dropping "subtle" hints that are obviously designed to guilt us into visiting.

What is the "healthy" way to react to this? We've been ignoring it, but they're becoming more bold and intense in their tactics and it's becoming almost unbearable.

Thanks!

(PS: We're in the process of moving far away from them, they just don't know it yet hehehe)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:53 PM

Continue to ignore them. If you react to any of it, this leads them to believe they have "won". Let them look like the idiots. Best wishes on your move.

Ads

How could this situation be "unbearable" if you are ignoring it?
I don't use Facebook but it seems like there should be some way of keeping them from posting to it. Either that or you can quit using it yourself. There is life out there without Facebook after all.

I agree with Mod,they keep posting because they want a reaction from you. In any scenario where you react it'll probably end up with some family member hurt but if you ignore them,then hopefully they'll get bored and go bug another relative and your relationship will be fine. Or if your really keen on trying to stop this all in time then I guess you could actually schedule a time in the VERY far future in which you will visit them...like next Valentine's Day...that way your family will respect the idea that your willing to come...just not right now. If your lucky,they'll forget about said future plans. Hope I helped!!!!