This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it wrong to delete and block a family member on Facebook?
11-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Is it wrong to delete and block a family member on Facebook?
Okay, so I'm 18 and my uncle, my fathers brother, lives next door to us with his girlfriend, which is my aunt my mothers sister , and my cousin. He's been saying rude things to me on my Facebook concerning my lifestyle. I blocked and deleted all three of them because they all follow one after the other. Am I wrong for blocking and deleting him or was it the right thing to do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:53 PM

I think that was fine! i mean he was being rude to you and no one really wants to read that stuff or see that stuff on your wall so if he has a problem with it who cares! it was your choice!

Ads

You didn't chose them as your family. I've deleted an aunt from my page and feel great about it. Just because they are family doesn't mean they need to be in every part of your life. Delete away!!!

No. If they are being rude to you and judging the way you live, you don't need to put up with it. Especially because they don't understand our generation. My family is the same way and I deleted my great aunt...Good luck.

You don't have to feel bad. You have the right to remove people's access to your personal profile on facebook. Even if you had a family that you weren't fighting with and a family that you get along with, it's ok to remove them from your facebook too.

You have the right to do this and no one will tell you off about it. Just don't make it a big deal or rub it in their face or else you'll just be seen as trying to get attention, like "BY THE WAY, I DELETED YOU" or something like that.

Not at all! I've got 8 "family members" blocked, due to harassment and negativity. I've also blocked/ deleted others who had annoying posts, and such.