This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How has the internet impacted on the life of teens?
11-09-2012, 05:45 PM
How has the internet impacted on the life of teens?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:53 PM

it has made them fat, anti social on a face to face basis. worst thing since tv.

Ads

They can't talk face to face anymore it is sad.

Contrary to popular belief, it's not the devil's tool or anything. Internet was invented for a reason and when used responsibly, it can be extremely beneficial. First, teens have easier access to info. This helps with schoolwork, obviously, but other things too. Urbandictionary.com, for example LOL. So

-easy access to all kinds of information
-sharing and socializing in new ways unknown to prior generations (YouTube, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Tumblr, Instragram, etc)
-New skills to acquire and passions to pursue like blog writing, or making video blogs and posting them online, starting a website for your art or music, etc.

Of course there are cons.

-too much time spent online has contributed to the increase in teenage obesity. Balance is key in everything, internet use included. I'm not the pillar of balance I'll admit, lol but I know it's important and I'm working on it.

-meeting new people. this can be great on chat sites and stuff, but there's also tons of danger. Online predators, privacy being violated, hackers, viruses, the risk of your personal info getting out to everyone who has internet access

*Melts*

I'm not fat, antisocial, or anything . The internet just makes it easier to communicate and do things when they're bored but they need to get off for a lil