This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a way to stop someone searching for you on Facebook?
11-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Is there a way to stop someone searching for you on Facebook?
I have someone who keeps trying to look for me on facebook, is there a way to stop my profile showing up in searches?
There's supposedly an option for it in the privacy settings, but this doesn't appear to work.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:54 PM

Yes. Close you facebook account.

Ads

add him then block him mate

u will never see him in fb again

Can't you like block someone? I think if you block them they can't see anything from you...unless it's through someone else. Or if worst comes to worst change your name, or report them. O_O

You can either:

A. Stop one person by personally blocking them, go to privacy settings and type in their name under blocks.

B. Prevent your name being searched by anyone except your friends...go to privacy settings, keep clicking every change privacy settings button that comes up, then there should be a button that says "Facebook keeps basic information like blah blah blah public so that" blah blah blah. Click on the button that says change this or something under the above, and change "search for my name" to friends only.

Hope this helps. Smile

Block them and then they have no access to you, your pics, your profile, nothing. They can't even send you messages. :}
Hope I helped a wee bit

It's rather hard, cause Facebook is indexed by search engines and you can be found even without logging in to Facebook on special Facebook Search site listed below.
Good luck)