This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How much does it cost to hire a programmer?
11-09-2012, 05:48 PM
How much does it cost to hire a programmer?
I have a proof of concept for a website that I intend to bring to a programmer/programming team and was first of all curious to know how much they would charge. How much should i expect to pay? Around 5000? 10,000? Although my idea is in no way similar to Facebook I strongly believe that the amount of programming required would be close to that required for facebook. So... how much would it cost to ask a team/person to program a website like facebook?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:56 PM

An untrained and low skilled programmer can cost you about $8.00/ hour.
A good programmer averages anywhere from $40 to $100/hour depending on the level of programming and difficulty in the project.

For something like facebook, it could easily cost $30,000 to hire a company to build your project from scratch on a professional level.

HOWEVER, you will probably be able to have it developed by a freelancer for much much less. Maybe someone would build it for $2000 to $5000 . . or maybe less. But, you take some risks when you go with a low cost low budget developer.

Most important . . do your research. Don't pay too much up front. Set up an account and a plan to pay them in parts as the project is developed. And most important . . .hire a developer (or team) in your own country . . . so that if you have a problem with their work or ethics, you can go after them legally.

Best of luck with your developmetn

Ads

11-09-2012, 05:56 PM

Facebook represents many man-years of programming (by competent programmers, not beginners), so if your site requires that kind of effort, be prepared to spend in the 6-7 digit area (in US dollars). (That's digits to the left of the decimal point.) It could even reach 8 digits.