This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A young girl was killed in a freak accident in my community and I found her Mom on Facebook. Should I message?
11-09-2012, 05:50 PM
A young girl was killed in a freak accident in my community and I found her Mom on Facebook. Should I message?
As a community we are all trying to heal from this accident. I am a high school student and I feel the need to message the mother over Facebook just to let her know I am thinking of her. I'm not sure why but I know it would help with my healing process.

Is that creepy? To message her? I don't even know her.
I wouldn't be posting on her facebook wall... thats why I said message....

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:58 PM

You should message her. Considering her daughter was killed, her mom is most likely needing some comfort.

Ads

depends how long ago the accident happened i guess.... some might not want to move on and knowing people cared for the girl could make things worse BUT i say go for it when the time it right and just be careful of what u say... good luck, and i am VERY sorry to hear about this, my thoughts go to the poor family =(

No, don't send her a message.

No. You're proposing to use the grieving mother as a way to heal yourself. That's inappropriate under the circumstances. Find another way to heal yourself. As for the mother...most people at these times don't want random and consequently meaningless expressions of sympathy from complete strangers. She has her own circle to help her cope with this.

Just say your name and that she in your thoughts and that your really sorry. That is the right thing to do. Also tell your relationship to her daughter. Also what is her mom and dads name? I might know her

No i don't think it would be creepy
i think it would be a great ideal because at a time like that anyone would need all the moral support they can get!!!
so you can tell her that you did not know her daughter but you heard about it
and you are truly sorry from the bottom of your heart and to let her know that you are
keeping her family in her prayers!
and to hold on in these tough times!

so message her!!
that is really sweet of you hunny
have a good night

Definitely message her. I wish facebook had been around when my son died at 17. He would have had so many facebook friends, and I would have loved hearing from all of them. There were so many friends at his funeral they wouldn't all fit in the building, and I couldn't greet all of them. Even almost 11 years later, I'd love to hear from them.

>

No. Do not try to send condolences to someone you don't know through Facebook.

What you are thinking of doing is simply a way for you to seek attention. If, as you say, you have no connection to her or her tragedy, your attempt to "connect" will have no meaning and offer her no solace.

Here are some things you can do that won't be seen as creepy and childish.

Make a donation to a charity in the child's name
Send flowers to the family ANONYMOUSLY

Simply asking for attention by posting on someone's facebook wall is not the right thing to do.