This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I add the lady my father had an affair with on facebook?
11-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Should I add the lady my father had an affair with on facebook?
So the woman my father had an affair with sent me a friend request on facebook. Should I accept it? It took me 3 years to meet the lady after my parents divorced. I see the lady occasionally, but feel uncomfortable around her. Should I accept it? What if I don't? What should I say if she mentions it to me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:59 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your parents. Umm....if she makes you feel uncomfortable, you probably don't want her seeing your personal stuff on facebook. You could block her and say you deleted your facebook, or just act like you never saw it.

Ads

i don't see why you shouldn't accept it. it's not like you know everyone on your friends list personally, anyway. what's another person? you can always just hide her posts... and if you feel so uncomfortable around her, what's the big D with being rude? Big Grin

no dont accept her! YOUR DAD HAD AN AFFAIR

thats the b i t c h he LEFT YOUR MOM FOR

NOO

ohwells tell her its just weird

dont accept, y is she snooping in ur business? do u want her to have access to ur friends etc?

It depends your age and gender.

Overall though... I think it's ridiculously awkward.

I say to blow it off and ignore her.

OR

Accept her, then put notes on her wall calling her a "home-wrecker".

Just ignore it. She will get the message. If she asks, be honest and say you don't feel comfortable with her knowing everything you post. Or just be honest and say that you don't think of the woman who broke up your parents marriage as a friend.

Is she still with your father? If yes and he is on there, he can tell her what she needs to know.

I would never, ever add her. Not in a 100 years. If she has the audacity to mention it to you tell her it's bad enough you have to see her when you want to see your dad, you don't want to have to see her on your news feed every time you open up faceboo.

No, not if it makes you feel uncomfortable

If you don't want to no. Its your facebook, don't add her if you don't want to

i know personally i would not want to add the woman my dad had an affair with as she is not someone i would feel comfortable around or even like. i don't blame you