This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What was you reason for dropping out of college?
11-09-2012, 05:56 PM
What was you reason for dropping out of college?
I'm just dont feel motivated enough to stay in community college anymore. Im trying to juggle school, work, and time with my boyfriend and its all starting to really depress me. I almost NEVER have time for myself anymore. I look on facebook and see all of my friends who attend universities and they seem to be having so much fun in school. I have 6 W's on my transcript, so whats the point? Nobodys going to accept me, so why even bother to continue?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:04 PM

I DROPPED OUT IN 1980 AND NEVR CAME BACK AND GOT A.A UNTIL 2007 DUE TO 23 YEARS OF ALCOHOLISMAND 13 YEARS ON STREETS

Ads

Dropping out of college? Education is the key to success. I have a degree in Law & have agood job with the Federal Immigration Department. What else can I say?

you might as well finish the course. All your mates on uni are all in the same boat, even though they appear to be having fun.

I strongly suggest re-taking the courses you got W's in and re-applying yourself to colleges. You will be so proud of yourself in the end. I dropped out and am returning at 31, trust me, the younger you are with less to tie you down the easier it will be to complete your courses and get good grades.

I think you shouldnt lose hope yet, try harder because if you drop school right now you are going to feel WAY MORE depressed in the future when you cant find a good job or just for the fact of being ignorant i think you should just try harder if nobody pushes you, push yourself thats what i think, but it is easier saying it than doing it, but still thats my advice

yeah with that attitude no one will accept you, why do you feed yourself that negative BS. pull your head out your bum and make school work, as for your b-friend you need to find a free spot of time for him not for him to eat up your time, school aint easy for those who dont have family support, i dropped out of community college 8 yrs ago and i think about it every day, now so many people my age with degrees and good jobs, i work twice as much as them and still make less, so why bother to continue... for your future, quit worrying about having fun, that will come later

You think life is tough now, trying living a life without any kind of training. I'm not saying definitely go back to college. You may want to do another training program. Massage Therapy, or Nursing, or an apprenticeship, or cosmotology, or trade school, or military or something. . .

In this economy (and for the forseeable future) people need some sort of job training beyond high school. It's just how it is.