This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think people are overreacting over the suicide of the gay Rutgers student by blaming the roommate?
11-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Do you think people are overreacting over the suicide of the gay Rutgers student by blaming the roommate?
People who commit suicide are looking for any excuse. If the roommate hadn't webcasted the gay Rutgers student having gay sex then something else would have led him to kill himself. Plus it's not like the roommate broke into the deceased students room to film, it was also his room. It might not have been the nicest thing to do and I disagree with it but at the same time do you think the roommate is getting too much blame and in too much trouble?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:06 PM

NO because his death is sad and it's an awakening that it's cruel to broadcast someones personal life to the WORLD. The guy was not comfortable with himself being gay at the moment. But his careless roommates took it upon themselves to catch him in a homosexual sex and post it on the internet. What they thought was a joke ultimately ended in the death of their roommate. It's a shame.

Ads

I don't think people are over reacting. I think filming anyone having sex (straight or gay) is a major violation of that person's privacy. Posting that content on the internet is way way out of bounds. Then if the person kills them self due to it, the people who posted that content are directly responsible for the death. I hope they make an example of these people.

I would like to know as to what role his parents played in his decision. Nothing is said about them and I'm curious as to why he thought they wouldn't understand.

I think it has much more to do than him just being gay because people who commit suicide have probably been thinking about it for a very long time not just a week or two, I dont think it had anything to do with him being gay because he was already "out of closet".

nope..if he hadn't videotaped this guy having sex and post it on the net..the guy wouldn't have killed himself.
Basically like in any other situations in the past were adolescents commited suicide because they were being bullied. This suicide is no different from the others in the past ,the only difference is that he was homosexual..but in both cases the reason for suicide was the bullying.

And also what Kind of a Tool is still bullying someone in university, probably a tool compensating for being the outcast in High school. Even this Dhuran Ravi guy not the sort of guy (you should google his picture,a total loser) anyone hangs out with unless they are ugly.

I call this revenge of the Outcast.

I think the roommate ought to be hung out to dry. Videotaping someone having sex is an invasion of privacy. If I'm not mistaken, posting that on the web without permission is a crime.

LOOKING FOR ANY EXCUSE?

You ignorant little jackass, have YOU ever lost someone you love to suicide? Your attitude is disgusting. I can only hope YOU experience the kind of persecution that led that poor kid to kill himself. I'd like to know how YOU would handle it.

SO -- short answer to your soul-dead question? No, I don't think people are overreacting at all.

Culture Warrior, I don't believe that they are overreacting blaming the roommate for the death of Tyler Clementi. It was their direct action that lead to his death--yes, he may have thought of it before but if all who thought about it did it, then there would not be any people left in the world.

Secondly, dorm rooms are private areas and videotaping and putting his sexual tapes on the internet for people to view was a gross invasion of privacy and I see it as a hate crime because of the Twitter post at being happy that he found him with a guy. Tyler did everything to make sure he had privacy but Ravi used technology to harass him which is cyber-bullying and should be another charge.

I can't wait to hear the charges against him and I hope it's steep as he deserves to be--and the other student who was an accessory. Crucify them both!

I wonder the role his parents played too, I don't think he could've come out to his parents or family that's the part that's the stinger to me.

Absolutely not. You can't can't deny the direct link. "Not the nicest thing to do". I don't think so. It was hateful and intentional.

The roommate committed a crime, should be tried in a criminal court and sentenced to prison if found guilty. There is no other answer. The gay man surely did not ask him to film his encounter and publish the video for all the world to see.