This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think that Facebook is pointless?
11-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Do you think that Facebook is pointless?
My mother thinks so. She says that I should delete mine. What should I do? What are the pros and cons to having a FB?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:11 PM

It's fun to see what your friends are doing but it's bad when you spend all day on it and post a status every minute. I love Facebook

Ads

Yes! I deleted mine, and I feel so much better and refreshed!! Some pros: connecting with long lost friends or family, and it's a good way to do a beackground check type thing. Cons: it's too distracting and addicting, people post stupid things, it's depressing. I'm glad that I deleted my account but ultimately the choice is yoursSmile

I don't think so.According to me,its a good site to interact with your old friends and to see their pictures and to chat with them.

I have facebook and i visit it 1-2 times a week, it depends, if you think you lose too much time with it don´t use it

Yeah it kind of is now

Yes & No.

PROS:
1. Networking w/ Peers, Friends, Classmates, Family (including relatives overseas), and Co-workers.

2. Real-time status of events in both the world as a whole and the world as you and your friends know it. This means you might hear about that earthquake from Sarah, not CNN, and that Exam being pushed to Friday by Angela, not your professor, and that school is canceled on tuesday from your class president, not the dean.

3. It provides yet another way of communicating. It's in some ways easier to type out a message/comment/status on facebook than it is to tap on your phone.

4. It teaches you, through experience, about internet security. You will face a lot of spammers and virus videos and weird messages and friend requests, but it's better to learn these things now than later. It's one thing to make a mistake at 13 (I have no idea how old you are but if you're any older, your mom needs a serious wake-up call because a 13+ yr old should be able to handle facebook), but at 17, 18, etc... it's just plain sad.

5. We are in the age of technology with the prospect of making the world even smaller with every web page. Being a part of this society, generation, country, and world is something that takes risk. A sheltered life is a life lived in ignorance of how things could be and potentially should be.

6. Writing. America's SAT writing scores are dismal. I guarantee you'll be writing/typing more than you ever have in your life, outside of english class. Hey, you might even throw in a googled quote as your status every once in a while and inspire someone.

CONS:
1. You'll waste a lot of time on all the pointless games and virtual worlds.

2. Your mom will probably make an account and stalk you even more than she does now. Brace yourself.

nope. get to see what your friends are thinking about + get invited to events.
dont see a problem with it. if you think there are privacy issues, dont post anything if you dont want to.