This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
At what age is it okay to have a twitter account?
11-09-2012, 06:04 PM
At what age is it okay to have a twitter account?
my little sister has been wanting to make an account.she is 11.is it safe?all she really wants to do is have celebs as friends
thanks for answering!:)it really helped!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:12 PM

"Our Policy Towards Children

The Site is not directed to persons under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at privacy at twitter dot com. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal identifiable Information, we will delete such information from our files."

So you *should* be over 13.

Ads

try putting in different years in the age section when your maken a profile then you can find out!! Well hopee it helped !!xxx

That depends on if your talking about safety or legal terms with twitter. As someone else already posted twitter wants you to be over 13. As far as safety a young person should be careful what they post. It is readable by anyone and you wouldn't want them putting things that could endanger them. From a parents point of view i would let my kid but i would monitor it.

Yeah, she *should* be over 13, but I'd just get your parents, or yourself, to monitor on what's she's putting up there if she makes one. There are alot of weird people lurking around twitter so I'd make it private just incase, and keep an eye on the people who are trying to contact her...

My sister has Twitter, and she's 11, but rarely uses it. Smile