This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i find free adoption records online?
11-09-2012, 06:04 PM
How do i find free adoption records online?
I am adopted and am looking for my birth mother or birth family. I have wasted countless dollars on these finding sites and now i am looking for something that is free.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:12 PM

Get yourself on a registry like G's Adoption Registry and the Soundex Registry. G's is free. I'm not sure about Soundex.

Getting the records is very difficult.

There are other things you can do: if you know some things like how old she was when you were born -- chances are she was from the area of the hospital where you were born so you can Google the reunion sites or ways to check the yearbooks of those high schools, or the Facebook pages of class reunions and see if you find a friendly looking, familiar face.

You can lurk on those sites as there may be gossip like, "Has anyone heard from Kathy Winston? I know she had a baby in 11th grade, but I think she gave it up..."

You can also post on the sites for the local high school alumni classes something like:

I don't want to intrude on anyone, but I am seeking my birth family. If anyone from the class of '88 remembers a girl who had a baby, possibly left school or was pregnant but you never saw her with a baby later, I was born July 10, 1987 at Harrison Hospital 7 lbs 6 oz at 1:35 pm. I was told my birth mother was a brunette and was going into her senior year of high school at the time.

Then it is possible that if she doesn't see it, a friend or even sibling might see it!

Good luck!

Ads

11-09-2012, 06:12 PM

Adoption records are not on line.