This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will the person on facebook know you unfriended them by notification?
11-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Will the person on facebook know you unfriended them by notification?
I'm planning on deleting one of my "friends" on facebook. I heard on the radio that if you delete someone, that person will find out that you unfriended them. I dont want that to happen. I actually dont want anyone to find out I unfriended that person. So, is it true that they will get some sort of notification or anything that will tell them I unfriended them on facebook?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:15 PM

They won't get a notification. The only way they'll know is if they go to your profile and see that they have to add you to see your information.

Ads

They won't get a notification but obviously if you unfriend them you won't be in their list of friends anymore. So if they search you they will notice that you are no longer friends and the only way that could have happened is if you unfriended them. So yes they would find out.

A solution would be to change your settings so that they only see some of your profile (i.e. a limited profile).

nope,No notification.

no they wont get a notification. the only notification u get dealing with friends is when u add someone or confirm someone as a friend. the only way they'll find out is if they go through all their friends & notice ur not there or go on your profile & have the "add as friend" option. GOOD LUCK! hope i helped Smile

No, don't worry. Facebook would never notificate the unfriended person about this. The friend you removed from being a friend will only know if he opened his friends list and didn't see you.

Hope this helps you!

There will be no notification for the "friend" you delete telling them that you have unfriended. If they did then they might be offended and may try to re-add you.

The friend will notice if you are not on their list because they will search for you to find you are not his or her friend.

Even you friend counter will have gone down.