This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i have an iphone that i got from my brother but my father wont buy me the data plan how can i tell if an appli?
11-09-2012, 06:11 PM
i have an iphone that i got from my brother but my father wont buy me the data plan how can i tell if an appli?
i have an iphone that i got from my brother but my father wont buy me the data plan how can i tell if an application will require me to use the internet? such as facebook, twitter, tap tap revenge ect. Also i have wif-fi in my house if i connect to that wi-fi will i be charged?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:20 PM

Settings>General>Network and turn 'Mobile Data' to OFF. This will not allow your iphone to use the internet through your service provider, however you will still be able to use wifi for the internet.

I'm in the UK though so none of our iPhone's are locked unless we buy PAYG from a provider but they sell them unlocked through the apple store and when you buy a contract. I have no idea about AT&T's policy.

Ads

If you use the phone, AT&T will add the data plan to your account as soon as the network detects that you're using an iPhone. A data plan is required under AT&T's terms of service.

What country are you in? This works differently depending on the country you are in. If you are in the US, you can only get iPhones with a data plan, it's automatic.

You can turn the mobile data off this will stop programs accessing data online.

WiFi will not charge you, this is the entire point of using WiFi on a phone.