This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
can i be denied unemployment for posting something on facebook NOT retaining to work?
11-09-2012, 06:11 PM
can i be denied unemployment for posting something on facebook NOT retaining to work?
I may or may not be fired this coming week for posting something on facebook. i was venting about something that happened at work yesterday. i have since deleted the post, and all other posts pertaining to work. i didn't mention anyone by name. i didn't use the company name either. i was close with my boss at one point when he wasn't the boss, and i know he doesn't really want to fire me. in the case that i do lose my job, i am fully aware that they can. but can i be denied unemployment for freedom of speech?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:20 PM

Without more specifics about what was actually posted, and why you were actually fired and all that, it's impossible to give a better answer.

While it happens a lot, you really cannot be fired for personal comments posted to the internet unless it's slander or violates some other law.

Even if you are fired for this, you cannot be denied unemployment unless you broke a law.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply