This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are you supposed to do on Twitter?
10-02-2012, 10:45 AM
What are you supposed to do on Twitter?
So, I just got a Twitter a few weeks ago, but I have no idea how to use it. All I really know about it is that you can follow what celebrities are up to on there. And I don't even know how to do that...
So, help please? Haha.
What do you do on Twitter & how do you keep up w/ celebrities?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 10:53 AM

you tell people about EVERYTHING you do. if you just ate a bowl of cereal, you tell everyone (cuz we are all bored and that is very exciting to us) or when you travel somewhere, you tell them where you are, and all sorts of random details

Ads

10-02-2012, 10:53 AM

You get a twitter, and you update it with a status whenever you feel like letting the world know what your doing/thinking.
You can "follow people," which means when you click Home all their updated statuses will be there so you can read them. It's like facebook - but only the status part.

If you want to have a specific tweet about someone, or want them to see it, you do " @someone " (but instead type in their username) like if you wanted to say something to Obama, lol, you'd type this:
@BarackObama hey, how are you?

There are other ways of replying to people, or "mentioning them," etc. They explain it in a tutorial on the Help page. It's pretty easy. I have one, but only for celebrity purposes. That sounds lame - but it's pretty interesting. You can put it on your phone, too, and update it 'on the go.'

I never tweet, I always forget. But following someone you're interested in is pretty fun. Instead of texting someone "what's up," you can just view their twitter page. Lol

Hope I helped some!