This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best way to find customers who want to follow my French lessons ?
11-09-2012, 06:14 PM
What is the best way to find customers who want to follow my French lessons ?
Hello,

I am a French NATIVE speaker and I have completed a master in France. I want to teach French (private lessons), what is the best way to find customers ?

Thank you very much.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:23 PM

Slap some advertisements around the local uni's- people there are always willing to learn to get tuition for extra curriculum stuff like that.

Ads

try craigslist

- make your advertisement funny and original, boring advertisement doesn't attract people.
- advertise in schools/universities/community centers/grocery stores/travel agencies/health stores/libraries/bookstore/ etc.
- advertise online with kijiji or craigslist in your area
-do you have a local newspaper? if so advertise there.
- Find people that have big networks and ask them to let their relatives, friends, colleagues know that you can offer your services. word of mouth always has a big impact if you find people that are spreading information fast and successfully. Ask them if they have an electronic billboard at work where they can advertise you (provide the text).
- Have your own (simple) website to promote yourself. Make sre the domain name is simple short and concise, and easy to remember. Make sure your metadata use the best words for your business.
- Design a beautiful and original business card that you can use as your advertisement.
- I have a friend who made her own postcards about her business and posts them around as advertisement.
- make sure your answering machine/service message is quirky and has some french puns.
- make a flier (or use your postcard) to put in mail boxes of houses in middle to high end districts of your area.
- why not use facebook or myspace to advertise? Create a group for fans around. Why not a blog? The internet is full of bloggers about every subject imaginable. If you happen to find a blog that pertains to your business, ask for an interview. Many bloggers love to met new people and get fresh material for their blog. If they say no, no harm done. Move on and find someone else.
- You can have a little promotion: for example for each successful referral from your students (for example, a student that stays for at least 3 classes), you can give a mini-discount on one class or a bottle of wine, or something to thank them.
- Do you have a fabric bag for grocery shopping? Draw your advertisement on it, with email address etc.
- a special link from the website of your local yellow-pages company to your website, or any other special link service they offer.
- Use twitter and retweeting the work of others can help you out. There are many tweeters out there who will actually thank you for retweeting them, and even return the favor.
- If you joined a forum or discussion board, most likely they have a place where you can add a personal signature. Put your name, name of business, website and/or tagline here. This way you can chat about whatever topic or issue and still get yourself out there without making a big stink about it. Use your signature on your email as well.