This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to change my settings on facebook so I dont get a notification every time someone writes in a group?
11-09-2012, 06:15 PM
How to change my settings on facebook so I dont get a notification every time someone writes in a group?
so I joined this group for the university im going to next year, but everytime someone writes a post on the group i get a notification. i changed my settings so i wouldnt get emails and though this would stop the notifications but it didnt..how do i change this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:24 PM

on your home page where everyone updates their status, you will see in the left hand side a list of the groups are in * i.e. facebook cheap shop * - click on the relevant group so you are on that page, and you will see edit settings at the top. Untick the box so you don't get emails but also click the top box which says notify me when - and select the option which says only posts that I subscribe to - for some reason this is the only setting that stops you getting notifications. You have to do that for each individual group though. I have to admit I deleted some of my groups because it drives you mad !

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply