This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Christians as well as gays familiar with the Bible: Can someone explain this and unravel it?
11-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Christians as well as gays familiar with the Bible: Can someone explain this and unravel it?
http://i46.tinypic.com/wsqxs5.jpg
I came across this image on Facebook. It makes me wonder, not question just how exactly did they get that perspective on the Bible.
Can someone explain?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:26 PM

There are some truths in the Bible, but there are even more lies and falsehoods. It does not keep up with the times--a truly "all-knowing" god would have seen that. Face it-the Bible is no longer relevant.

Ads

Sexual immorality is mentioned numerous times throughout both the old and new testament, when that writer was talking about other death-penalty worthy offences they failed to state this fact. Sexual immorality, including homosexuality, is one of the most atrocious sins. The fact that so much emphasis is placed on this supports that claim.

Well, linda, it's called reading and you can do it with any book, even the Bible!

Truth is, the Bible condemns eating unclean animals like pork at least three times more than it mentions gay people. And yet, most Christians seem to ignore those verses altogether. Cherry picking at its finest.

Which girl are you talking about?

Excuses to follow bad people's example. You should strive for holiness, Jesus transforms you into one who can achieve it.

I can surely explain and unravel that for ya!
Simple!
It's called primitive, bronze age, uneducated, ignorant, religious stupidity and retardation.

The belief that gay sex is sinful is based on the barbaric laws and attitudes in Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13, Romans 1:24-27 (which also has a go at lesbianism), 1 Corinthians 6:9 and Jude 1:7. In my view, people can by all means apply the belief to themselves, but I think they're wrong to impose their hateful beliefs on others. Proposition 8 in California was a shameful example of this.

I get the impression from Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy and Numbers, that the Israelites considered sex with a woman who was married, or pledged in marriage, to be adultery, and punishable by execution by stoning. I don't think it was considered adultery for just sex outside marriage, but you'll have to marry her afterwards. Deuteronomy 22:28-29 says: "If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days." Death is the punishment for adultery in Deuteronomy 22:22, "If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel."

In Matthew 5:27-28, Jesus is attributed with the idea that just thinking about it is adultery: "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Paul of Tarsus comments on whether you should repress these feelings. In 1 Corinthians 7:1-2 he says, "It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband."

One reference to the body being a temple is: "Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." (1 Corinthians 6:18-20). It seems to say that you can't do what you want with your own body, because God owns it and not you or not to do as people other than yours do. I'm glad this isn't the way most people think these days; we have a healthier view of our bodies.

So many people blow little things out of proportion. But here's the bottom line. We have no right to judge others whether they be a different color, or have a different sexuality. Although at times it may be hard to understand, God considers a liar just as bad as a serial killer. We are ALL sinners in the eyes of God and it doesn't matter if you're straight or gay. Merely judging someone else just because they're gay or a different color is a sin. When you think about it we're just a bunch of hypocrites.Ex: A person who may have lied once in their lifetime looks down upon someone else who has been caught lying. This is all we need to worry about: We've been saved. We are all horrible people and DON'T deserve the afterlife. But God sent his one AND only perfect son to save us because he loves us so much just so we can rejoice with him forever. So in the end, it doesn't matter if you're gay or have lied or stolen, etc. Because we're set! Hope this helps.

let your hair down and stop drinking the kool aid.
It's all good