This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I call the police for constantly getting harassed on Facebook?
11-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Can I call the police for constantly getting harassed on Facebook?
My ex girlfriend of one year now tells her friends that I have been beating her up and pushing her down stairs and things of that nature. So they send me threatening messages on Facebook that if they ever hear anything about me or see me, that they'll "kick my ass." I've really had enough of all this crap, so can I report these people for bullying/ harassing me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:26 PM

Just block them, and if that stuff she's saying isn't true then you can possibly charge her with slander.

Ads

Maybe. I wouldn't because then it might come to a lawsuit, which you will not win because you are male (society blows). Best option is to block those people.

yeaa thts really serious i wud

Yes you can. Any type of harassing you can report to the cops. Even if you don't know if you can report something. It is always better to try. Cops will always work with you.

Block them and report them on facebook. The police may take a report, but until these people make a substantial threat or actually hurt you they won't do anything. If the police got seriously involved anytime someone acted like an *** online they wouldn't have time for anything else.

I agree. There isn't much the police can do about the treats, unless they actually harm you. But if your girlfriend made this accusations against you, the police might turn on you and suspect you for doing something wrong (as someone else stated, you're male, so it's gonna be tough to convince them that she's lying). Simply block all this people, and send your ex-girlfriend a non threatening message asking her to stop lying to her friends.

Get rid of Facebook. It isn't worth the hassle. Once you take away their means of bullying you, it should stop.

If its that serious you can file a police report by calling a non emergency number our if its something thats annoying just block her.tell her if it keeps continuing you will take this to the police for the treats, you really dint have to do it it still just scare her. Keep all records of the things she sends you just in case. The authorities are cracking down on cyber bullying

Firstly, block them. If the issue continues, report them on facebook.

If it continues consult a parent or teacher (if you're under 18 or still at home).

Then take it further, go to the police station and make an inquiry about it, as opposed to calling them. Only do this as a last resort - and only if you want to take action.